1. In 1999, Google brought in 16 students to test out their search engine. Upon reaching the site, they sat still for 45 seconds…just staring. Worried, Google finally asked what was wrong. All 16 responded the same: they were waiting for the rest of the page to load.
It sounds like Google did not have things running nice and smoothly for these applicants to get things rolling. I bet this would never happen today!
2. When Fiat workers discovered that a Google’s street view car was mapping Södertälje, Sweden, they sent a Fiat to tail it for 45 minutes, and have it captured on street view in front of Volkswagen’s headquarters.
This is hilarious! Can you imagine a car following the street map car for many miles just to get a chance to photo bomb VW. Kudos to Fiat for this one.
3. Google has found GPA’s and test scores to be “worthless as criteria for hiring”; they have teams where 14% of their employees haven’t gone to college.
Maybe it’s not all about your education as much as you thought it was. I have always believed that you can have all the education in the world but without common sense and experience you will not get anywhere.
4. Google hired a Camel to map a desert for Google StreetView.
Okay, this one is almost hard to believe but yes it is, in fact, true. Watch the video below to watch this hired camel in action.
5. Google prefers dogs over cats. Their official code of conduct specifically states they are a dog company.
This just proves that dogs are man’s best friend and cats are once again left behind.