Since the beginning of time, bridges have been extremely important to our transportation. Without them, many parts of the natural world would be out of our reach. Therefore, even today, we rely on them to travel across the rivers that we need and the valleys that we cannot reach in order to continue on our way. However, there are some bridges that make you wonder if you should even bother with what’s on the other side. Here is a list the world’s most dangerous bridges:
1. Q’eswa Chaca (or Keshwa Chaca), Peru
This is the last operational Incan rope bridge left. It is meticulously maintained by making repairs every year in order to honor the ancestors.
2. Kotmale Footbridge, Sri Lanka
This precarious bridge will take you across the Kotmale Oya, a river in Sri Lanka.
3. Vine Bridges of Iya Valley, Japan
These are old vine bridges that span some of their valleys and rivers.
4. Hussaini – Borit Lake, Pakistan
5. Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Northern Ireland
6. Aiguille du Midi at the Mont Blanc Mountain, France