This is a movie about a boy (Kevin McCallister) who ends up being left behind after his family leaves for a holiday trip. In the midst of the commotion, they accidentally threw away his ticket and therefore didn’t notice that he was absent at the boarding gate when the agent counted the tickets. Subsequently, he was left ‘Home Alone’ and ended up having to defend his house from burglars who believe that it is empty during the holidays. Here is a list of things that you probably didn’t know about this classic movie:
1. This entire script was written in just nine days by screenwriter John Hughes after he experienced traveler’s anxiety.
2. The director, Chris Columbus chose Macaulay Culkin after auditioning 200 children for the part of Kevin McCallister.
3. John Williams’ score almost didn’t happen.
The original choice was Bruce Broughton but he was unable to score the film.
4. The house used in the film is a real house.
The family lived there at the time of the filming and reportedly loved it.
5. Although, many of the interior scenes were shot in the Chicago area at new Trier High School.
They used the school for the police station and some airport scenes as well.